- Ambient temperature is an important factor when working with MDF pofile. The elasticity of PVC is somewhat reduced at low temperatures. So work with a profile "under cold conditions" can cause chipping of a foil in places of saw cut. We recommend, before start working, keep a profile at the temperature of 18-24 degrees at least for 5-6 hours in order to avoid problems during the cold season. To secure ideal condition it would be even better to keep it for several days.
- To avoid problems when cutting a profile, a saw should be sharp enough, always clean of resin and other residues, have the correct geometry of teeth. It is necessary to check the saw in order to determine any damages of teeth in the result of operation.
- Elasticity and viscosity of PVC increases with temperature. Already at 30 degrees the foil cannot physically chip. Therefore, in exceptional cases of emergency, when proper conditions to work with a profile are temporarily unavailable, and You still need to mount it quickly "under the cold conditions" – an ordinary hairdryer may be useful. "Having warmed" the place of the cut with warm air, You’ll solve the problem.
- Profile, as any board material tends to sag slightly. Ideal conditions for profile storage – horizontal position on the flat surface at the temperature from +10 to +40 degrees C, at a relative humidity of 40-80%.
- Before using a profile, it is necessary to open a cardboard box along the entire length, then unwrap each plank separately from the foil. It is needed, because profiles are often stored in rooms with high dust content. And to avoid possible scratches it is undesirable to open the front or back side of the package and extract the profile out of the packaging material.
- If you work with aluminum profile near MDF profile, please, be extremely careful and keep the place impeccably clean. As aluminum shavings cause serious scratches on almost all types of surfaces.