- Ambient temperature is an important factor when working with MDF profiles. The elasticity of PVC is reducing at a low temperature. So, working with a crown profile "under cold conditions" can cause chipping of a foil in places of saw cut. We recommend to keep a crown profile board at the temperature of 18-24 degrees at least for 5-6 hours before working with it, in order to avoid problems during the cold season. For the best result, it would be even better to keep it for several days inside a warm place.
- To avoid problems when cutting a crown profile, a saw should be sharp enough, always clean of resin and other residues, have the correct geometry of teeth. It is necessary to check the saw in order to determine any damages of teeth.
- Elasticity and viscosity of PVC increases with temperature. Already at 30 degrees the foil cannot physically chip. Therefore, in exceptional cases of emergency, when proper conditions to work with a crown profile are temporarily unavailable, and You still need to mount it quickly "under the cold conditions" – an ordinary drying fen may be useful. Having warmed the place of future cut with warm air, you’ll solve the problem.
- Crown profile, as any board material tends to sag slightly. Ideal conditions for crown profile storage – horizontal position on the flat surface at the temperature from +10 to +40 degrees C, at a relative humidity of 40-80%.
- Before taking a crown profile, it is necessary to open a cardboard box along the entire length, then unwrap each board separately from the foil. It is needed, because mouldings are often stored in rooms with high dust content. And to avoid possible scratches it isn’t recommended to open the front or back side of the package and extract the moulding out of the packaging material.
- If you work with aluminium profile near MDF crown profile, please, be extremely careful and keep the place impeccably clean. As aluminium shavings cause serious scratches on almost all types of surfaces.